Wednesday 6 July 2011

lambeth palace garden party





















for the second year in a row I was able to sneak in with the musicians into this most beautiful city garden that lies behind the old lambeth palace and, once in, test-eat as much cakes and cookies as i felt like while my dearest two were playing in the band and therefore couldn't pester me.


rike though got somewhat suspicious as i saw her waving at me with this "get me one, too" look on her face but maybe not so i ignored it. the weather was not quite as splendid as last year, but the gardens were even wilder due to the hot spring.

southwark concert band delighted as always, starting with my favourite "slavic farewell", and i hope that the funny noises that occasionally came from the sax were only heard by me. in the break then i got a chance to capture the formidable scb conductor, bob bridges, who gracefully not only put up with deac and rike, but now with me as well coming after a photo. oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment